Fundamental applied skills in maths, English and ICT – with a particular focus on problem-solving and being able to apply these skills effectively in real situations. These qualifications are intended for anyone wishing to develop their English, Mathematics or ICT skills and can be used to support learners' progress towards GCSE. Functional Skills qualifications are available across five levels (Entry 1 to Level 2).
- Level 1 – Mathematics: 5 credits (50093198)
- Level 1 – English: 5 credits (50109868)
- Level 1 – ITC: 5 credits (50097308)
- Level 2 – Mathematics: 5 credits (50093186)
- Level 2 – English: 5 credits (5010987X)
- Level 2 – ITC: 5 credits (50106399)
- Speaking is assessed by an Activ8 assessor through observation of the learner providing information through a presentation on 2 different topics, one topic being familiar to them and the other topic unfamiliar.
- Communication and Reading are two separate papers completed either on-line or paper based, the test is timed and carried out under strict examination conditions, it is marked by the awarding organisation City & Guilds.